Looking for a vegan Thanksgiving side dish? This simple decadent recipe will leave the family satisfied, you won’t even notice it is vegan. Not only is this a perfect recipe for a vegan Thanksgiving but it is a great dairy-free side dish in general! If you are looking for something to pair this with try Green Bean Casserole and vegan “Meatloaf” that is glazed with a homemade BBQ sauce. Happy Thanksgiving!
- 9 medium-sized potatoes.
- 250ml of soy cream/ rice cream.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 80g of vegan butter.
- 3 tsp of chives (freshly chopped is preferable).
- First, wash and peel the potatoes.
- Then, cut the potatoes into quarters.
- Next, put them in a pot and fill the pot with water. Salt the water generously and bring it to a boil. Once they start to boil bring the heat down for a simmer for 12minutes.
- Then, drain the potatoes well. Add the butter, chives, nutmeg, salt and soy cream and mash until it is smooth (or to the texture you like your mash potatoes).
- Finally, taste it and reseason if necessary. Enjoy!