There is nothing better than a warm hearty breakfast in autumn and winter. As much as we would love to eat pumpkin pie for breakfast it just isn’t a healthy way to start the day. With that being said, I have created a breakfast that taste like pumpkin pie filling! It is delicious. This breakfast is high in fibre, protein and vitamin A, it is a great way to start the day.
- 200g pumpkin.
- 100g oats.
- 270ml plant milk (I used soy).
- 1 tsp cinnamon.
- 1/2 tsp powdered ginger.
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg.
- 2 tbsp sugar (or date syrup).
- Pumpkin seeds (optional).
- First, peel and dice the pumpkin. Then, boil it for 10-15 minutes (or until tender).
- Next, drain the pumpkin and mash it into a puree. Add the cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and date syrup into the pumpkin puree. Mix well.
- Then, put the oats and milk into a pot. Keep the heat on medium and stir for 3 minutes. At this point add in the pumpkin puree and continue to cook it for another 2 minutes.
- Finish it off with some sugar/date syrup, seeds or cinnamon (to preference).