Whilst fried wings aren’t the healthiest of foods, they do make a great sharing snack. This quick recipe is a delicious plant-based take on fried chicken wings. Usually, vegan wing recipes use cauliflower, however, I prefer to use Oyster mushrooms. Oyster mushrooms have a great fleshy texture, which is great for mimicking certain meats, please enjoy this snack with some vegan ranch or your favourite dipping sauce. I hope you enjoy this simple vegan recipe!
- 500g of oyster mushrooms
- 150g flour
- 2 tsp of vegan chicken seasoning
- vegetable oil for frying
- 250ml sauce of choice e.g. BBQ or Hot sauce.
1. Start by preheating the oven to 180°C.
2. Next, rinse the mushrooms and break them apart into wing-like sizes.
2. Put the mushrooms into a bowl and season them with the chicken seasoning. Next, add a sprinkle of salt to the flour and coat the mushrooms in the flour.
4. Then, prepare a pan with the oil (enough for a shallow fry). Allow the oil to reach a temperature of 190°C.
5. Next, gently place each mushroom into the pan, fry them on each side for 3-5 minutes. When they are golden take them out and place them onto a paper towel.
6. Finally, coat the mushrooms in your sauce of choice and place them onto a baking tray. Allow them to cook in the middle of a preheated oven for 10 minutes (make sure you put them onto baking paper or a non-stick tray). For the final touch, sprinkle the mushrooms with a pinch of salt and serve them with some vegan ranch. Enjoy.