Homemade pasta is a game-changer. Many people think that pasta is overly complicated to make at home. However, the reality is it can be as simple as some water and flour. This recipe is straightforward and quick, you can pair it with your sauce of choice. I hope this recipe elevates your pasta dishes like it did mine; since making this recipe I find it hard to switch back to store-bought pasta!
Serves 2-3. Time:20 minutes.
- 480g all-purpose flour.
- 1 tsp of salt.
- 1/3 tsp turmeric (optional).
- 1 tbs of olive oil.
- 125 ml of water.
- First place the flour into a bowl, add the salt and turmeric. Make a well and pour in the olive oil and water.
- Mix it together until it becomes flakey.
- Once it is flakey, knead it together for 5-10 minutes or until it is homogeneous. You want it to feel like a firm but smooth play dough.
- Now take out a handful of dough and cover the remaining dough with cling film or a slightly damp tea towel (so it doesn’t dry out). Sprinkle flour onto your work surface and shape the dough into a rectangular shape (it doesn’t have to be perfect).
- Flour the dough and proceed to roll it out into a rectangle (you want it 10-12 inches long). Make sure the dough is thin but not translucent. Repeat steps 4 and 5 until you have used all of the dough.
- Next, flour the sheet of dough generously (this will stop it from sticking to itself when you unravel it).
- Roll the sheet in into itself and cut the dough into finger-width pieces. Now unravel each piece and place the strips of pasta onto a clean, floured surface.
- Now bring a pot of water to a boil, add a pinch of salt and some olive oil. Wait for pasta to rise to the top of the water (this should take 2-3 minutes). Serve it with your sauce of choice. I used my homemade vegan bolognese sauce.