Welcome to my sushi salad recipe! A recipe that is perfect for the summer. I have always been a big fan of sushi but sometimes it can be long to prepare. Therefore, I created this recipe as a quick alternative that is just as delicious. If you want something satiating, quick and healthy this dish is perfect for you, I hope you give it a try!
Serves 3-4. Time:10-15mins.
- 200g lettuce.
- 150g of mixed leaf salad
- 1 red pepper
- 1 cucumber
- 2 carrots
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 200g medium-firm tofu
- 2-3 tbs soy sauce (low sodium).
- 2 sheets of nori paper
- 2 tbs sesame seed oil
- 1 tsp of miso paste.
- 15g ginger
- 1 clove of garlic
- 4 tbs rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbs date syrup/sugar/ maple syrup
- 1/4 cup water
- Start by preparing the salad ingredients. First, wash and drain the vegetables. Then, peel and cut the cucumber into semi-circles, ribbon/grate the carrot, deseed the pepper and slice it into strips. Mince the garlic and ginger for the dressing.
- Prepare the dressing by mixing the miso paste in with the water, syrup and rice vinegar. Then grate the garlic and ginger into the mixture, give it a test to see if it is to your preference if you prefer it sweeter add a bit more sweetener etc. Set the dressing aside, you will need a few tablespoons of this to base your tofu.
- Prepare the tofu by cutting it into bite-sized cubes. Then, using a stick-free pan place them on a medium heat with no oil (this help it’s liquid evaporate). After 2-3 minutes turn them over and repeat the process. Once both sides are golden, add the soy sauce and a few tablespoons of the dressing and cook it until the liquid evaporates. Be careful not to burn the tofu, try to toss it in the pan quickly to avoid burning.
- Wait for the tofu to cool down. In the meantime, place the prepared salad ingredients into a bowl and rip the nori sheets into bite-sized pieces then, mix it into the salad.
- Once the tofu is at room temperature, place it into the salad bowl. Lastly, top the salad with the sesame seeds and the dressing. If you feel you want a little more flavour I recommend adding a little sesame seed oil and rice vinegar. Enjoy!