Pad Thai is a popular Thai dish served in Asian restaurants, traditionally it is made with rice noodles along with garlic, dried shrimps, tamarind pulp, shallots, soy sauce, peanuts, tofu and egg. However today I will be making a vegan plant-based Pad Thai salad. This is a perfect vegan meal for summer afternoons and warm evenings. It is a lot lighter than the traditionally noodle-based dish, even better it is healthier, quicker and easier to make. I hope you love this recipe as much as I do!
- 600 lettuce (or greens of choice).
- 1 grated courgette.
- 1-2 grated carrots.
- 1-2 diced red pepper.
- 1/4 finely chopped onion.
- 1/2 cup of toasted peanuts.
- 1/4 cup of shredded coconut.
- 1 cup of sprouts (I recommend soy sprouts).
- 1 cup of edamame beans (optional).
Tip: If you have leftover vegetables you want to use up, feel free to experiment and throw them into the salad.
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter.
- 1/4 cup soy sauce.
- 1-2 Tbs tamarind paste (use lemon/lime if you can’t find this).
- 1-2 tsp of sriracha (if you like spice).
- 1/2 cup coconut cream (this is optional).
- 1 minced garlic clove.
- 1-3 Tbs of sweetener of choice ( I used date syrup).
- First, wash all of the vegetables and drain them well.
- Next, add the greens into a large bowl along with the grated carrots, courgette, chopped peppers and finely chopped onion. Mix well.
- Then, top with sprouts, shredded coconut and coriander (optional) .
- Next, make the sauce by mixing the peanut butter and coconut cream well. Place it in the microwave for 30 seconds, add the garlic, soy sauce, sriracha, tamarind paste and sweetener. Make sure you mix it well.
- Finally, top the salad with the sauce and enjoy!