If you want to satisfy your sweet tooth, this is a healthier alternative to a chocolate milkshake or a candy bar. This recipe has no processed sugars, no animal products and no chocolate. I recommend this as a great energy boost for pre/post-workout because it is packed full of vitamins, it has protein and natural sugars which will help you feel energised. I hope you enjoy this perfect tasty treat!
- 4 Dates (if using dried dates soak them in lukewarm water for 30mins to soften).
- 1 1/2 or 2 Frozen Bananas.
- 1 1/2 tbs Vegan peanut butter (100% peanuts with no added sugars).
- 1 tbsp Cocoa powder.
- 1.7 cup of Quinoa milk or (Almond milk, Soy Milk, Rice milk).
Please follow the order and method that I suggest to create a smooth consistency.
- Deseed the dates and put them into a blender with half of your milk of choice.
2. Blend the dates and the milk for 30 seconds, until, most of the chunks are gone.
3. When you are satisfied add your peanut butter and blend for another 5 seconds or more.
By blending the dates first you ensure a more even texture throughout, this also goes for adding the peanut butter prior to the frozen bananas.
4. Add the frozen banana, cocoa powder and remaining milk and finish it off with one last blend. (only do this if you have a high powered blender).
I recommended the frozen bananas because they act like ice cubes and give it a milkshake texture rather than gooey one. Blend to your preferred consistency and drink.
If you want to know the health benefits of the ingredients in this recipe click the links below: